SPLITTERWERK    The Label for Fine Arts and Engineering : Buildings Projects Installations Paintings
Headquarters: St.Peter-Pfarrweg 30/56, A-8042 Graz, Austria, EU, Tel ++43 316 810598-0, Fax -40, splitterwerk@splitterwerk.at
please also visit our website : algae-architecture.com
Home Content 2005__Orangerie_dOr 10_words.jpg
Orangerie d'Or

location: Burggarten, Graz, Austria client: Amt der Steiermärkischen Landesregierung/federal state of Styria, represented by Landesimmobiliengesellschaft mbH
architecture: Grabner ZT KEG / SPLITTERWERK
projektteam: Mark Blaschitz, Hannes Freiszmuth, Johann Grabner, Edith Hemmrich, Bernhard Kargl, Marcoemilio Perugini, Josef Roschitz, Maik Rost
structural consultant: Johann Wolfesberger
energy consultant: Peter Kautsch
photos: © Paul Ott (03-09, 11-18)

site area: 1.214 sqm
built-up area: 355 sqm
costs: 710.000 €
start of planning: 2002
start of construction: 2004
completion: 2005
construction: Eder Bau GmbH, Safner Objekttischlerei GmbH, Bscheider GmbH, Franz Steyer GesmbH, Glas Zemann GesmbH, Kern Metalltechnik GesmbH, Kocher KG, Lieb Bau Weiz

Orangerie d’Or

Das in den Jahren 1842/43 errichtete klassizistische Gebäude inmitten des Grazer Burggartens diente ursprünglich der Überwinterung tropischer Pflanzen. Wie historisches Bildmaterial belegt, wurde bereits im 19. Jahrhundert die Orangerie, ergänzt mit temporär aufgestellten Veranstaltungszelten, auch für Feste und Bälle genutzt.

Der Goldene Spiegelsaal

Ausgehend von der gewünschten Nutzung des Hauptraumes als repräsentativer Veranstaltungssaal für Bankette, Festtafeln und Kammerkonzerte, wurden die beiden flankierenden Baukörper als Foyer bzw. als Cateringzone und der historische Versorgungsgang als ein dem Veranstaltungssaal zugeordneten Lagerraum für Bestuhlung und Tische ausgebildet. Die Wand-, Boden und Deckenbeschichtung im Veranstaltungssaal erfolgte mit unterschiedlich reflektierenden Goldtönen. Das Ziel war mit einer opulenten ornamentalen Gestaltung und durch den Einsatz von Spiegeleffekten, die den Raum begrenzenden Raumkanten verschwinden zu lassen. So entsteht eine optische Raumerweiterung des lang gestreckten Saales und eine besondere Inszenierung des einmaligen Ausblicks auf den Burggarten. (SPLITTERWERK, 2004)

Orangerie d’Or

The classicist building in the midst of the palace gardens in Graz, built in the years 1842/43, originally served as a winter storage area for tropical plants. As historical documents show, the Orangerie d’Or, supplemented by temporarily erected tents, was also used for festivities and dancing as early as the 19th century.

The hall of mirrors

Based on the desired use of the main room as a representative ceremonial room for banquets, dinners and concerts, the two side wings were designed as an entrance hall and a catering zone, and the historical supply corridor as a storage room for chairs and tables, subsidiary to the ceremonial room. The walls, floor and ceiling in the ceremonial room were painted in golden tones of different reflective qualities. The aim was to make the edges of the room disappear by means of ornamental designs and mirror effects. This creates an optical expansion of the long room and a special frame for the unique view of the Burggarten. (SPLITTERWERK, 2004)

imagesize
Prev   Next
_
Warning: include(footer2.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/host-103888.webhosting.magentabusiness.at/httpdocs/brandsunited.at/database/main.php on line 329 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'footer2.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/vhosts/host-103888.webhosting.magentabusiness.at/httpdocs/brandsunited.at/database/main.php on line 329